So here lays the credit for why I'm actually updating our family blog after one full year of not posting anything (that's so pathetic I know, one full year...just ridiculous, sorry) So much as happened, so many events have past and not one post. I will do my best today to catch you up on 2010 and move forward from here.
This ice storm has been the worst North Texas has seen in the past decade. School has been cancelled for the past two days and probably again tomorrow. We've been stuck indoors with rolling black outs, at times without running water, and our cable and Internet comes and goes.
I can't even describe into words how much I hate cold weather. Often this winter I've dreamt about moving some place hot and more hot, like Florida or something.
We kept Jaydon indoors all of yesterday, it's just too cold. Then today I started to feel bad seeing all the pictures of my friends children playing in the snow on facebook (can you even call it snow? it's like rock hard!) It doesn't even make foot prints!! So today we let him play outside for about 15 minutes, that was good enough for me... It was so super cold. The wind chill was like -4.
Here are some pictures we took:
Here are some pictures we took:
And two videos for your viewing pleasure:
Roxy, Jaydon and Kaylee had fun with our 15 minute adventure outside, but I can say that I did not enjoy at all. Well, seeing Roxy slide over all the road and couldn't stop or start was pretty funny and seeing Jaydon not being able to make it up the ditch was funny too.
I would rather be warm indoors than bear the cold wind again. The view from our back windows is actually kinna pretty even though I do not like snow and cold weather one bit.













No comments:
Post a Comment