Jaydon and I were looking for some summertime fun while Kaylee is away at Camp. She's gone for the whole week, so Jaydon and I are planning on keeping ourselves busy outside of the house. So on Monday, we decided to invest in a Zoo Membership. I knew my friend Nancy had gotten one recently and the zoo is always better with friends, so I called Nancy up and we plan a spontaneous trip to the Fort Worth Zoo. She brought her two adorable kids Lilly and Everett. We had a great time chatting and watching the kids enjoy the animals. She told me the most amazing adoption story I've ever heard (yeah, it brought tears to my eyes). It's so amazing to me how God works and connects our lives with total strangers.After the zoo, we found a great deal on Milkshakes at a local hamburger joint, called Pappas Burgers. Yummy!! And yes, we ate a burger and fries too. So I guess I'll have to start my diet next Monday. I'm sure some of you know how that story goes...

The kids had fun together, and Nancy and I enjoyed some Adult conversation. Although, Jaydon did begin to show out a little bit at the end of lunch. We did have to leave the restaurant running after three failed time outs, loud tears with screams, and a pile of napkins thrown on the floor. How will I survive this summer with my own kids? It's not like I have them for an hour and send them back with their teacher. Ahh, It's Summertime!
No comments:
Post a Comment