Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Meteor Shower Camp Out


What a GREAT way to end the summer! Kaylee goes back to school tomorrow, but of course we had to get one more sleep over in before the summer ended. The night started off by Kaylee and best friend, Maddie both winning their semi-final game of the playoffs. Kaylee scoring half the points for her team, which was a Personal Best at 10 points. Now the two girls play against each other once again, for the Championship this Saturday!!

We got home about 10pm and I was taking the dog out for a walk and saw a shooting star (of course, I made a wish for an SUV!!!) So I quickly got the girls to come outside and we were talking about the meteor showers that are supposed to start tonight. As we were looking up into the night's sky, we spotted two more shooting stars. So being the random and spontaneous mom I am, I decided we needed to camp out. Brian of course thought we were crazy for wanting to set up a tent so late at night because it was too dark. I told him, "suck it up and be a cool dad!" So about an hour and some not so nice words under his breath later, we were all set up! Thanks Honey!

We had everything you could think of to keep us happy. And it only took about 25 trips back inside the house because we kept thinking of something else we needed. The girls talk about everything in this video:





Here are some more videos and Pictures of our camp out!



Our Bed



Our Chandelier


Our Watch Dog, Roxy





The BEST game ever made, BOP IT! Too bad you couldn't see us groovin' to the beat in the video below:



A little game of connect four anyone?







Yes, I was the Queen of Connect Four and Kaylee is a sore loser! Enjoy the audio of this fun tournament from the video below:




We're Getting Hungry! Our Midnight HEALTHY snack





What's that noise?




We kept hearing coyotes howling!!!




We had a morning visitor at 7:30am! He was too scared to sleep outside with us.




He loved being inside the tent!
Check out this video:




Morning Play Time in the back yard! Whack that Ball Jaydon!!!

"I go faaaar away!" I love his hands grabbing his face after a bad hit!! But he quickly gets over it and said, "I go down slide."

No comments:

Post a Comment