Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Weekend Warrior!


Last Friday I'm not sure what got into me, but out of the blue I decided to pull the weeds in the flowerbed. Which turned into an all day and all night project. By early Saturday morning I was all finished and decided to go out an buy fabric to lay down to prevent the weeds from coming back so easily. I don't want to have to spent a whole day doing that again!

Once I laid that down I thought to myself..."I need to get some more bushes and flowers in here!" So off to the store I went and bought a bunch of stuff. I quickly headed home to start planting before the sun went down. I was out there planting until 9:30 at night. I got all but two flowers in the ground. So I went out early Sunday morning and finished. Once done, I thought it needed more, so I headed back to the garden store and bought a hanging arch and baskets and some more flowers. After getting all that down in the ground, Jaydon and I went and bought mulch to finish it all off.

Here are some pictures of the finished product! Enjoy.












Three days solid I worked on the front yard. Jaydon was such a trooper, he played outside and entertained himself by pulling everything out of the garage. Kaylee was at a friend's house most of the time and tried to help, but got quickly bored and stopped. And don't let Brian fool you....he dug all about four holes and that's it. Hence, the title of the post isn't plural ;)

So what's next? This mess right here! Beams need to be replaced on the play set and it needs a good staining. We probably should replace the ropes too. I think I'll let Brian handle this project.

1 comment: